Thursday, June 18, 2009

why, hello there

First entry

What to say? I guess I'll start from the beginning. I have food allergies. I have bizarre food allergies. From what I remember, this all started when I was about 15 or so. My throat started itching when I ate some carrots and dip. I am tired of reading books and websites that have little to no advice to for me. Leaky gut? My ass. Wheat intolerance? Nope, not me. Eggs? Nope! and THANK GOD. I LOVE eggs. Really. I have an unhealthy obsession. Yeah, not joking. I tried to buy a rug online that looked like a sunny side up egg (it didn't work out). Anyways.

My goal:
To create recipes for people like me. Also, to compile a running list of restaurants and food products that won't kill me - maybe you too.

Things I am allergic to:
Carrots
Celery
Bell Peppers
Peanuts
Hazelnuts
Green Beans
Apples
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Pomegranates
Cantaloupe
Soy
(to be amended)

Things that will kill me: Raw carrots, Raw celery, maybe peanuts (unprocessed)

Things to know. I swear. I swear a lot. I might decide to tone it down but to be honest, I'm probably not. I am sassy. I am Miss Sassy pants. I can cook. I am actually good but here is my fault, I don't measure ANYTHING. But I will make a serious attempt.

I do intend to keep this going even if no one reads this because this is for me. This is my life. This is my daily hell or daily blessing. Right now, I'm anxious when I eat. I don't want to die from a carrot, anything but a figgen carrot. My tongue swells up, my throat swells, I have trouble breathing, my heart races. I become sweaty, and panicky - I feel like I'm dying. My boyfriend gives my googly eyes and wonders if he should call 911. This experience is NOT Kosher. I do not want to repeat it. It might be repeated, but I will avoid it as much as I can without becoming crazy..ish...

1 comment: